skip to main content Text Size: Normal Big Bigger Biggest

St Margaret's Hospital - 1948 - 2004

In 1948, the site was absorbed into the new National health Service and renamed St. Margaret’s Hospital.

The Hall was vacated in 1978 although other buildings continued in use until the 1990s.T

The hospital began to close in phases from the late 1980s. The male department closed during 1992 but the female department remained open until March 1997. The final residents, those with high dependency, left a newer part of the site in 2004.


Please send any contributions to: